Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Who do you Pray for?



Selfless prayers. Prayers that do not benefit you and only you. Over the years I have learned that we must pray for other people. I have said many times that I was going to pray for a person and I simply forget. But now as I get older I realize that it is my duty as a Christian to prayer for other people.


The bible tells us in Philippians 2:3-4 " Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others".


God also tells us "When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret , will reward you" (Matthew 6:6). No need to publish to the world on Facebook and Instagram that you prayed for someone and you want someone to give you a pat on the back. Pray in secret.


Personally I pray for people who do not even ask for prayer, I pray for people who have no idea who I am but someone they know told me about them and I sent up a prayer for them. It is detrimental that we pray for more than just ourselves. It can actually strengthen our relationship with God. Focus less on ourselves and more on God.


I have a prayer list that I keep in my bible with peoples names on the list. Beside their name is a quick phase of what I ask God to work on in their lives. Some people I can check off very quickly but others God has some serious work for them to do and I continue to pray for them until God has worked it out. It is a feeling that can't be taken from you when you know you prayed in secret for a person and it manifest in their lives right in front of your eyes.


Take less time praying for that new car, new job and some extra cash to flow in  and pray for someone else. Pray that their finances improve, pray that their marriage gets better and even pray that they continue to be happy and blessed.




Until Next Time!
      Be blessed --- Kinna



No comments:

Post a Comment