Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Ugh Not in the Mood to Pray!

Some days I will admit I don’t feel like praying. I have so much on my heart and mind that it “seems” like it would take too much of my strength to even utter a word to begin praying. But once I let go of my selfish mindset and truly think about how the prayer will ease my mind. I let it all flow out.
Prayer changes things and prayer is our one connection through Jesus Christ to get to God.  
Prayer is so important it builds your relationship with God and shows him that no matter what is going on we desire to take our worries, concerns and burdens to him. A lot of times we run to our friends and family with our problems but never take them to God. The one person who is omnipresence and knows exactly what we are feeling and going through; he is just waiting for us to talk to him. He will guide us in the direction that will be less stressful.
James 4:3 says “When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.”

Ensure that when you pray your motives are not directed to your own selfish ways. Pray that whatever it is to glorify God and only him. Less of you and more of him! At times we are so busy worried about getting what we “want” (because it is not a need) that we forgot about God and what it may do to his heart. Be intentional with your prayers; intentionally praying that God will work everything out for his greater good. We sometimes pray that we get a new car, get this promotion at work or better yet praying that the person who we are so in love with will always be by our sides but we don’t pray that God will provide us with dependable and safe transportation, that God will increase our income so that we may give generously to other and at the same time maintain our own households and lastly pray that God will bless us with someone who loves Christ just as much we do (I say we because I included myself being that I am guilty of this also). Change the perspective of your prayers.

Understand also when you pray that your prayers may not be answered right away. Everything is always on God's timing and not our own. Be patient in knowing that God will provide for you when the timing is right. Every situation, every trail, every challenge, every hardship and even every good thing works out for your good.  

Romans 8:28 says “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”

I encourage you to trust God; that he will provide for you and renew your mind and heart. Pray and cry out to him all your worries. Observe the goodness that he will bring into your life and the joy that reflects from it all.

Love always,

Kinna

No comments:

Post a Comment